Global Fellows Application Instructions
Applications are generally due in late September for the following academic year.
We invite full-time tenured, tenure track, and non-tenure track WPI faculty from all departments to apply. We are seeking a cohort of Fellows that come from diverse schools and departments of WPI.
In keeping with the Lab’s commitment to creative scholarship in the service of global engagement, the program prioritizes applications that:
- put into practice collaborative, community-engaged research or storytelling
- emphasize justice, equity, inclusion, and diversity
- critically reflect on or assess the value of creative media and visualization techniques in teaching and research
- advance “knowledge-for-action” that directly supports community partners and their goals for positive social change
- contribute to the professional goals of the fellow and show likelihood of informing the fellow’s future teaching and research activities
As an outcome of the Fellowship term, Fellows are asked to share their project developments through engagements at the Lab, such as a podcast conversation or a presentation for the community, to prepare a short summary of their outcomes for summary on the Global Lab website, and to make available products of the fellowship term. In addition, Fellows are invited to participate in discussions among Global Fellows and other interested faculty to share ideas and foster learning.